Thursday, February 14, 2008

Every Man And His Dog, Has A Blog !

Our House

Well it's true, isn't it ? Everyone seems to have a blog these days, and there are blogs on just about every subject you can think of ! I've often thought about starting one ... but wondered what, exactly, I'd write about. My day-to-day life - aside from living on a farm in Africa - is pretty much the same as everyone else's and some days, there's not much to report (other than toddler tantrums, grumpy husbands and my latest dog deworming programme).


So - I've decided to focus my blog on something which I do do every day - and that's cooking ! I love, love, love to cook (and bake especially). I grew up in a family of food lovers, married one and worked in the food (hotel) industry with several - before I became a "farmers wife" ! I've also learnt to be quite inventive, as several ingredients are unavailable here ... and living around 2 hours from the closest shops doesn't help matters, either !


So, I promise to post regularly and whilst the majority of my posts will be about FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD, I'm sure that there will be other topics that crop up from time to time. (Like my latest dog deworming programme.)