Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fresh Lemon Muffins

I glazed these lemon muffins with some light lemon icing, & topped them with some finely grated lemon rind

You’ll see a lot of muffin recipes popping up on my blog. Over the years I’ve come up with my own muffin recipe, and I am always playing with it & coming up with new combinations. A few of my own muffin recipes which I’ve featured are -: Mini Strawberry & Banana Muffins, 30 Day Bran Muffins, Fat Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Mealie Meal Muffins & Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins (you can find any of these archived muffin recipes by simply typing the recipe name or ‘muffins’ in the top left blogger search box).

Here is a recent ‘muffin invention’ of mine – Fresh Lemon Muffins. Our neighbours (who live just over an hour away from us) invited us to their house for lunch last Sunday, and I baked these to take for tea. I glazed them with a light lemon icing & sprinkled the tops with a little finely grated lemon rind, but you could also just leave them plain -:


Fresh Lemon Muffins

2 cups Flour
½ cup Sugar
3 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Egg, beaten
1 ¼ cups Milk
¼ cup Sunflower Oil
Juice & rind of 2 lemons

Sift all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together in another bowl, including the lemon rind. Then pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix just to blend & moisten (do not over mix) . Place tablespoons of the batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 190’C/375’F/Gas Mark 5 for around 20 minutes until done.

Once cool, ice with lemon icing & sprinkle some finely grated lemon rind on the top if you like – although they are just as nice left plain. Makes 12.