Saturday, March 7, 2009

The 2009 South African Blog Awards

You can nominate "Food, Fun & Farm Life In East Africa" by clicking the link here

Some of my online friends (both those who blog & those who don’t !) have been kind enough to nominate my blog for the 2009 South African Blog Awards (thanks, Kecia, for getting the ball rolling on this one !) I am very honored that they have chosen to do this, as this is quite a respected annual award within the African blogging community, and brings a lot of exposure to one’s blog.

As you all know, with my passion for Africa and for my adopted country of Tanzania in particular I am in support of anything out there that can help me to spread the word about this beautiful continent, by getting more people to read my blog – and being nominated by you will help me to do this !

In order for my blog to make it to the finals (where blogs will be voted for by the public in order to find a winner), I need as many nominations as possible, so I am asking you – the wonderful people who read me and have helped shape this blog into what it has become – to nominate “Food, Fun & Farm Life In East Africa” by clicking on the red “SA Blog Awards 2009” tag/logo in the right sidebar of my blog & following the instructions there, in order to nominate me - thank you !

(As my blog is written outside South Africa, I qualify as I am a South African Citizen – just incase you were wondering how an East African blog qualifies !)

The guideline/rules are easy, & clicking on the link in my right sidebar will take you to a page explaining all the rules & everything clearly, but basically -:

Only one nomination form is allowed per person/per email address, & if you vote/nominate more than once your first nomination is automatically cancelled.

There is no limit to the number of categories a blog may be nominated for. I am nominated in 4 categories, so you can nominate me again in one or all of them if you wish. (The categories I’m nominated in are -: Best Overseas South African Blog; Best New Blog; Best Food/Wine Blog & Best Personal Blog)

Nominations are only open from 01st March to 14th March. After this date, the top nominated blogs will go through to the finals, and then voting for the best blogs will begin from 17th to 31st March, with winners being announced on 03rd April.

So, if you'd like to nominate this blog, I'd appreciate it - you can follow the link in the sidebar, or you can click right here before the closing date of 14th March. Thanks so much !

P.S. I know I've recently made this an award free blog, but this is an official annual blog award (& not one which requires you to pass it on to other bloggers & include several links etc) so not a 'tag award' which are the ones this blog no longer participates in. Just incase you were wondering !