Friday, April 10, 2009

Footprints In The Fudge .....

As you know, I recently made some 'foolproof' South African fudge & posted the recipe on the blog. I had not made fudge for quite some time, obviously not since our daughter was born as she had never eaten it before and although she does not have a very sweet tooth (unlike her mother - I think she takes after her father who prefers 'savoury' over 'sweet' anyday !)she went crazy for it ! As a result, I was asked to please make some more - which I did a couple of weeks ago. As the fudge was setting, Toby sauntered across one of the trays - and left a perfect paw print behind as you can see in the photo above - isn't it sweet ?! (Luckily the fudge is beaten until almost cool & merely sets in the trays, else he would've burnt his poor paw !)

Toby, who I adopted last year, has quickly wormed his way into my heart. All my animals are special, but Toby just seems to have a little bit of extra magic about him. (I'm sure that fellow pet lovers will know what I mean by this !) Anyway, he has become my "kitchen cat" as he spends most of his day in the kitchen, (he sleeps on a cushion on top of the one fridge - that's him up there in the photo above) and very often I am aware of his eyes following me from above, when I'm busy with something that particularly interests him (like chopping up raw chicken or other meat, for example !) If I fail to notice him watching me, I'll suddenly hear a soft "meow" and then I feel obliged to give him a little treat - or two ;)

He also loves climbing inside the kitchen cupboards and drawers and sleeping there. Here he is on a shelf where I keep some of my tea cups & coffee mugs - I mean, surely he could've found a more comfortable place to settle in for a midday nap ?! (Have I told you that I collect tea cups and coffee mugs ? I am a complete & utter addict and buy them all the time. Just as some people can't resist ... shoes for example .... I can't resist cups or mugs. I have hundreds (? I need to count them sometime !) of them stored in cupboards in my kitchen and pantry. I've collected them since I was a teenager. Maybe I should do a blog post about them all sometime !)

Anyway, enough of my rambling .... I just wanted to share some photo's with you of my "kitchen cat" ! And confess about my cup/mug addiction ;)