Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blog Housekeeping .....

My desk & computer ....... where I blog from each day .... in our home office (conveniently situated just off my kitchen/store room) & with views out over the garden and Kilimanjaro's Western foothills (just obscured by the banana trees in the background)

Okay. Time to take stock of (blog) things – now that I’ve been back home for 3 weeks already ………….

I’ve been thinking and planning and pondering just how I’m going to ‘run’ my blog now that I am busy 24/7 with a new baby (& a very active 4 ½ year old !) and the business and lack of sleep that comes with that ! So, I’ve decided that although my blog is described all over the internet as a ‘daily account of my life …’ I am going to have to make it an ‘every second day’ account of my life until I have enough time to go back to daily blogging …...

So this means that the blog will be updated every second day, and I will once again alternate between posts on Tanzanian/Farm life and recipes, as I always have done. I hope that this will be okay for everyone !

I love blogging and I love being a Mum but I also know that it’s important as a mother to take (& to make) time for yourself each day – not only to have some ‘kid free’ time (to keep your sanity !) but also to make you happy & content enough to be a better mother in the long run. So blogging, for me, is part of this ‘me’ time … and I won’t be disappearing anytime soon – I promise !

Right. Okay – now on to the next thing …. do you have a room in your house that’s a sort of ‘junk’ room ? Where you put all sorts of stuff you just know you have to sort out some day, but never seem to get around to ? Well I have one too here on the farm … (the laundry section of my store room !) and also one on my blog – the ‘Miscellaneous’ section in the right sidebar where you can browse old posts of mine …. ugh, it’s a mess !

It has just over 70 posts lumped under that ‘Miscellaneous’ label. I really DO have to sort it out & categorize it better. I bet new readers are missing some old favourite/most popular posts ‘cause they are all lumped in ‘Miscellaneous’ which is a nightmare to browse through. I plan to sort that out sometime soon.

Okay, now the last thing …. Many people have been emailing me to say that they’ve been experiencing problems trying to comment on my blog (error messages, multiple windows opening up at a time, comments disappearing etc). I’m really sorry about this. I have looked in to it and it seems to be a Blogger fault which they are aware of & hoping to rectify. I have also changed some blog settings on my side to try & help matters. You can always contact me through the link in my right sidebar and hopefully, everyone will be able to comment again soon ….

So, that’s it from me for today …. I’m off to … errr …. ummm …. tackle that junk room of mine ... in a minute that is, as you can see by the photo above - my tea's getting cold ;)