Monday, October 5, 2009

Greetings From The Top Of Kilimanjaro !!

Ha - I didn't fool you with the title of this blog post, did I ?! (Those of you who know me in 'real' life and those of you who've read my blog for sometime now, will know that I have no intention of climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. Well, not in this lifetime, anyway !)

So, that leaves the question ................... what was I doing one early morning last week, flying high above our farm eye-to-eye with Mt. Kilimanjaro's majestic peak ? Fluffy white cotton wool clouds stretching on forever .... Kilimanjaro peeking out above them .... and the sun gently rising (even more of a surprise as those who know me very well know that I don't get up before the sun rises. Unless I absolutely have to - eg. emergency/fire/flood/earthquake/child birth/travel.)

Another 'no-no' of mine ... I was flying in a rather small aircraft. Well, not small by African standards - but small, nevertheless ...................

The top two photo's show Kilimanjaro, and these two (above & below) show Mt. Meru's peak ...... I was flying directly above our farm when these were taken ..........................

But. Where was I flying to ? Who was I flying with ? Why was I flying in the first place ?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......................... well. All will be revealed. Soon.

What I can tell you, is that I am not blogging from the farm at the moment. Infact, I am not even in Tanzania at the moment.

So - where am I ?

All will be revealed - soon !