Sunday, July 20, 2008

A South African Braai, Great Portuguese Food ..... & A Full Fat Breakfast !!

Since my husband arrived at the end of last week to join us in South Africa, it's been a weekend of food, fun .... and even more food ! On Friday night we had a traditional South African 'braai' (see photo above) which included boerewors sausage, rump steak, chicken pieces & baked potatoes - all cooked over the open fire .....

Then on Saturday, we went to our favourite Portuguese restaurant, "Cesco's" (below) which has been around forever and serves the BEST, authentic Portuguese food which is "to die for" delicious !

This was followed by breakfast on Sunday at one of the "Mugg & Bean" restaurants .... another of our favourites .... I had the health breakfast ('cause despite the fact that I watch my weight, don't drink or smoke & exercise daily, I suffer from genetically high cholesterol & blood pressure !)


And my husband had the traditional, fatty "Traditional South African Breakfast" ('cause despite the fact that he drinks, smokes, eats anything he likes and doesn't do any form of official exercise his blood pressure and cholesterol are ..... PERFECT !)

(And I bet you were all thinking "well I'm surprised her husband's cholesterol isn't sky high, what with everything she cooks and posts on her blog !" HA HA .....)

So there you have it, my weekend in (food) pictures .... and there's more (of my weekend adventures in food, fun and ... more food !) to come this week - so watch this space ...

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend of food and fun wherever you are in the world .... and here's to a great week ahead !

Reuters published this blog post online on 20th July '08. Click here if you'd like to see it.

Woman's Day also published a photo & excerpt from this post online for a feature they did on 'Breakfast Food From Around The World" in October '09. Click here if you'd like to see it.