Monday, December 8, 2008

Crazy Week & An Action Packed Weekend !

Oh ! It's been a crazy, busy week here in Tanzania ! Last Sunday we had several friends over to the farm for the day for lunch - then on Monday it was my Mum's 60th birthday - I baked her a cake & that night my Dad cooked us all an authentic Chinese meal, served by candlelight in our 'posh' dining room (special occasions only !) ... then on Wednesday we drove into a town about 1 1/2 hours from the farm for lunch as a post-birthday celebration at one of our favourite restaurants, followed by a little shopping. Friday was the last day of the school term for my daughter, and as it was her birthday yesterday (she turned 4 !) I baked a cake (pictured above) for her to take to school with her that day.


Saturday was the day of her birthday party here on the farm, she had a few friends around & we set everything up under the ancient fig tree at the bottom of our garden .....

I spent Thursday, Friday afternoon & Saturday morning preparing all the party food with my Mum - as a result I'm all "cooked out" right now !

Saturday night we had friends stay over (I put them in our farm guest cottage as we are full up here at the farmhouse at the moment !) & had a wonderful evening ... we (actually, my Dad) cooked a barbecue out under the African skies, and the red wine flowed ..... Sunday morning (the day of my daughter's actual birthday) started off with pots of freshly brewed Tanzanian coffee after much present opening and then a huge Champagne brunch was enjoyed by all out on the veranda with sweeping views over Mt Meru, who was very clear at the time .....

My darling husband cooked the entire brunch for us (with a little help from my Mum) which included cereals, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, bananas, onions, baked beans & toast with preserves.

I will admit that I'm feeling pretty exhausted at the moment, and am looking forward to our upcoming break - as this week I'm off on another Tanzanian adventure .... a really exciting one to a beautiful part of Tanzania I've not yet shown you .... but more about that on Wednesday ... as for the time being, I'm trying to catch up on a little sleep !