Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nacho's - A Taste of Mexico in Africa !

Nacho's make a quick & easy stand-by dinner or party snack ...

I enjoy Mexican food, although we don't have any Mexican restaurants here. When we travel outside the country one of the things on my shopping list is usually Nachos and jars of Salsa (although we can get them here now from time to time & actually, come to think of it, I should make my own Salsa which would probably taste a lot better than the shop bought variety !)

So, for a lazy Friday night dinner I sometimes pull out a bag of Nacho's, lay them on an oven proof plate, pour a jar of Salsa over the top of them, top with grated cheddar cheese & place in a hot oven until everything has heated through & the cheese has melted.

I then serve this with homemade Guacamole and Yogurt dip (you can see my recipes for both of these over here) - but you could serve sour cream instead.

I think that sometime I will attempt to make refried beans, as they always go well with Nacho's, too.

This makes a great light main meal, but you could also serve it as a snack with pre dinner drinks to a group of people. Either way, it is equally delicious !