Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Banana Vanilla French Toast

This makes a great breakfast - topped with honey & fresh fruit, or peanut butter .... yum !

This is a ‘twist’ on the basic French Toast recipe (you can see my recipe for this over here) as it is made with liquidized bananas. (I have a lot of bananas at the moment, so you'll see a few banana related recipes cropping up on the blog soon !)

It’s a great breakfast treat which I often make for my family on a Sunday – especially if I have bananas which need using up, as I have at the moment. Infact, I made this for breakfast this Sunday just gone -:


Banana Vanilla French Toast

4 small Bananas, roughly chopped
½ cup Milk
1 Egg, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
4 slices Bread
Oil for frying

Place the bananas, milk, egg & vanilla essence into a blender and blend until you have a thick liquid. Dip the bread slices into this mixture & lightly fry on both sides until golden. Serve with honey drizzled over the top – or peanut butter, if you prefer.