Monday, March 9, 2009

A Rainy Weekend .... The Dogs Weren't Too Happy About It !

This past weekend was a wet, rainy weekend - with 25 mm's of rain falling in just a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon alone - which gave the garden a good soaking !
My husband wasn't lucky enough to get much rain elsewhere on the farm (some parts remained completely dry !) this is because at 3500 acres in size, different parts of the farm sometimes seem to have different weather patterns !

The dogs were not too happy with all that rain - as you can imagine ! Maxie is looking at me in the photo above, asking me "Come on Mum, please can you just stop the rain so that I can go out into the garden and play ?!"

Dibble, on the other hand, decided that if he sat upright with his front paws close together & his eyes closed, the rain might have gone away by the time he opened them again. (Infact, I'm sure I caught him dozing for a few minutes in this position !)

So, Sunday (typically our 'family day' when my husband is at home with us) was an 'inside day' for us ..... which started off with a nice hot breakfast & steaming coffee, and ended off with snuggly blankets and family movies ..... I hope that wherever you are in the world, that your Sunday was snug and cozy, too !