Thursday, June 11, 2009

All The Waiting's Over ....

'All the waiting's over
and our hearts are filled with joy ....
Our prayers were truly answered, now we have our baby boy .....
He'll fill our hearts with pleasure
With all the fun he makes,
We'll watch his precious life unfold
With every step he takes.

His love will last a lifetime,
He'll make our dreams come true,
He'll fill our lives with love and pride
As only children do ................'

I dreamed I was carrying a son from the moment I found out that I was pregnant again. It therefore came as a shock to me when I was told after a 3D Ultrasound scan a few months into my pregnancy that I was, infact, expecting a little girl instead. It just didn't feel right, and I mourned the 'loss' of the son which had felt so real to me & had appeared so vividly to me in my dreams ....
I felt really bad about this - everyone always tells you to just be happy that you are bringing a healthy child into this world, no matter what the sex of the baby is - and of course, that's true. But still, despite this, I mourned the 'loss' of a child I had felt so sure was mine ....
So you can imagine my surprise - delight ! - when the doctor placed my beautiful baby boy on my chest for the very first time last Tuesday - the one I'd always dreamed of holding, was now right here in my arms .......
Yes, life truly is full of surprises and yes, miracles really do happen ..... even when you least expect them !