Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting Ready To Return Home .....

The photo above shows the garden which we've had since we moved here in early May - a far cry from my 3,5 acre farm garden, but a garden nevertheless !
The photo above shows our veranda ..... no views of Mt Meru or Mt Kilimanjaro from here !

We've made friends with many cats who live in this residential complex. I'm pleased to say that every cat I've encountered since being here has been fit, fat and healthy - unlike the stray cats in Tanzania. South African cats seem like giants compared to ours back at home ! The cat above is called Sneeu (which means 'Snow' in the local Afrikaans language) ... he reminds me of our Toby, although he's a much bigger version of him !

So, the packing has began. Along with the final shopping and dashing around to get everything organised in time for our flight home on Friday morning. We'll be travelling through 3 different African countries and airports, changing 'planes & hopefully arriving back in Tanzania late Friday night. I'll let you all know once we're home safe & sound .... if you don't hear from me one last time before we leave South Africa ..... I'll see how the time goes - inbetween packing, shopping, nappy changes and breastfeeding !