Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Quick Catch Up, & .... I've Been Tagged !

A beautiful Hibiscus flower in my garden

I’m late posting today, I’ve been a bit sick due to a really nasty bee sting a couple of days ago. I’ve had a mild allergic reaction to it (which has never happened to me before) & the antihistamine tablets I’ve been taking have 'knocked me for a six'. I’m not one to get sick often - & I usually just carry on regardless. But this sting was a bad one … on my right calf, which has swollen like a tennis ball and has a nasty bruise (?!) to go with it. So my husband came home early today, and I spent the afternoon sleeping. Which is why I’m late posting today !

Other news from my side of the world …. Tessa’s (the ‘calorie counting cat’ !) operation went well and she should be home once her stitches are out next week. My other stray cats (the recent 3 additions) are doing well and have all been de-wormed and are gaining weight now that they have a regular supply of food.

We are hoping to take a few day’s break in early July – between planting and harvesting seasons here on the farm – and will either go to the Tanzanian coast for a few days, or to the neighbouring country of Kenya, to spend a few days in the capital city of Nairobi. Whichever option we choose, both will be great opportunities to blog about and I’ll take lots of photo’s to post here, too !

My parent’s (who now live in South Africa) usually come to Tanzania to visit us every second year or so, & they have just confirmed their visit to us this year - they’ll be here from the end of November until early January ’09 and I can’t wait ! My mother-in-law (who now lives in the UK) is also hoping to be able to come and see us in October this year, if she can. We usually travel around a bit when family are here (a surprise trip or two is usually on the cards, aswell !), so I will continue to blog about our adventures and travels during this time.

My daughter has her first Sport’s Day this coming Friday, and I have offered to take a couple of platters of sweet and savoury child friendly snacks along. I'll post photo’s and recipes of what I make later on in the week – I’m still thinking about exactly what to make, actually – any ideas ?!

I’ve met so many wonderful new friends through blogging, and today I was tagged by fellow blogger Mariz in Dubai who's blog is called “Reflections By Mariz”. I have to tag a couple of other bloggers so I am tagging Roberto ‘down under’ over at his very informative blog “Blogs I Browse”and Ginger in Canada over at “Gingembre’s Place” where you are guaranteed a chuckle ... or two !

The idea of the tag is so that people can get to learn more about you, I suppose. So, here are my answers to the 20 questions I was tagged for -:

Here are the rules for this tag : Remove one (1) question from below and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag fellow bloggers and let the meme continue . List the people you've tagged at the end of this post. (I did this above, though)

1. What is your favorite food?
- Thai, Chinese & traditional South African (do I have to choose just one ?!)
2. What was your happiest moment when you were a child?
- Happiest moments were the time spent growing up in Paulpietersburg, Northern Natal with my horses Midnight & Avalanche and my best childhood friend, Mandy (& we’re still friends 22 years later !)
3. Where is the place that you want to go the most?
- Australia, America (do I have to choose just one ?!)
4. Which part of you do you hate the most?
- “Hate” is a strong word, but what I most dislike about my person is my stomach (show me a woman - especially one who’s had children, who loves her stomach, eh ?!?!)
5. When you encounter a sad moment, what do you do?
- cry my eyes out !
6. What are you afraid to lose the most?
- the ‘thing’ I’d hate to lose the most is my good health
7. If you win $1 million, what would you do?
- build my dream home, build my parents a dream home, build a domestic animal rescue sanctuary here and travel the world
8. What do you love the most about last year (2007)?
- watching my daughter grow from a baby/toddler into an independent child with a mind of her own
9. What is a little known fact about you, that would perhaps surprise people ?
- I’m not one for comedy movies, but I LOVE horror. Not ghosts and hauntings horror, but horror that could almost be real like … think along the lines of “Creep”, “The Descent” and “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”. I love scaring myself half to death ! Ooohhhhh ….
10. How do you cope with boredom?
- honestly ? I never get bored. I keep busy reading, playing with my daughter and online. (Is the mother of a young child EVER bored ?!?!)
11. Till now, what is the moment that you regret the most?
- waiting until I was in my 30’s before deciding to start a family
12. What type of person do you hate the most?
- People who abuse children/animals, dishonest people, racists
13. Who is your favorite superhero?
- Wonder Woman
14. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
- a sibling for my daughter
15. How did you celebrate New Year?
- in Seaford, UK with my husband, daughter (who was in bed already !), mother-in-law, my gorgeous niece Sammy and my brother-in-law, Chris (who’s not as gorgeous as Sammy !)
16. What has been the craziest thing you’ve ever done in your whole life?
- living as the only woman on a remote construction site with my husband & and all male construction crew of 300 in the wild African bush and building one of Tanzania’s most beautiful luxury camps from scratch – and having to bath in buckets of river water for 6 weeks …. Ewwww !
17. What do you look forward to in 2008?
- falling pregnant with another child
18. If your life is a song, what title best fits it?
- Oh my. This has me stumped. But my favourite song of all time is “American Pie” by Don McLean. Does that count ?!
19. What is your inspiration in life?
- My parents gave me the best foundation in life a child could ask for – I suppose you could say that they inspired me to be the best person I could be, and to lead the best life I could
20. If you were to change one event in your life, what would it be?
- Although I believe in fate & that everything in life happens for a reason, I'd have to say the event I'd change - if I could - would be losing my second baby. No one should ever have to go through that.