Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Potjiekos Recipe .... From Kilimanjaro To California !

My 3 legged, cast iron Potjiekos Pot (which has cooked in North, East, South & West Africa & can tell many a tale !)

You can imagine my delight when I was recently contacted by fellow cooking enthusiast and blogger, Gary of “Cooking Outdoors” (you can see his blog here) and asked if I would like to do a guest post for him.

Gary is from California and aside from loving to cook outdoors, he is also an avid Dutch Oven cook and is the founder of C.C.D.O.A. ”Central California Dutch Oven Adventures” (You can see their website here).

I must admit that I was not very familiar with Dutch Ovens until reading Gary’s blog, which is very informative and contains product reviews, recipes and tips & techniques not only relating to Dutch Oven cooking, but to outdoor cooking in general.

Gary asked me to do a guest post on Potjiekos cooking, which is a traditional South African method of cooking which involves cooking food over an open fire in a cast iron 3 legged pot.

So, this past weekend I fired up the barbecue and dusted off the 3 legged pot and you can see what I got up to and see photo’s by reading my guest post on Gary’s website “Cooking Outdoors” here.