Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gone !

View of Mt Meru as we leave the farmhouse & head for 'civilisation' ....

I've gone.

Where to ?

Mmmmmm ..... can you guess ? Shall I give you a clue ?

Okay then .... if you insist.

By the time you read this, I'll be perched somewhere on the edge of Africa's Great Rift Valley. I'll be teetering on the edge of it .... wedged between Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro Highlands.

I'll be sleeping under canvas - in luxury safari style though, I might add (After years and years of bush living, I don't 'do' camping anymore !)

I'll be woken with a tray of tea, tell my tent attendant when I'm ready for the water to be heated for my shower, will dine on gourmet food cooked by amazingly talented Tanzanian chefs and will spend my days watching game, lazing around and probably reading a book by my current & only recently discovered favourite author. (Okay I admit, we're a little behind the times here in Africa !)

I might fall asleep to the sound of the lion's roar .... or the hyena's dry cackle .... nothing between me and them but a sheet of canvas and the dark African night. Exhilirating !

It will be my daughter's first real safari into the African bush ..... and my mother-in-law's first ever Tanzanian safari .... and I will act like a tourist, taking photo's of everything "for my blog" and will, in the process, drive my husband mad with embarrassment ! (Ha ha !)

Of course I will be taking lots of photo's and will blog about all my adventures when I return ..... I can't wait to share them all with you !

Until then, never fear as I have a few posts lined up that will automatically publish in my absence .... and I'll be back again 'live' on Tuesday.

Unless I'm eaten by a lion, of course.