Monday, November 24, 2008

A Busy Day In The Kitchen .....

I had a busy day in the kitchen yesterday, preparing for my parent's visit. First thing this morning, I made a loaf of bread & some rolls. I love the therapeutic kneading of the dough, I love the fact that no 2 loaves are ever the same ....

Then my daugther called me out onto our veranda as she'd seen a spider there. Quite a large spider, as you can see - hanging upside down from the wooden ceiling .....

It was just as well I made my bread dough early, giving it time to rise in the sunshine, as later on the farm was hit by a storm - look at that angry sky viewed from our back fence & between the banana trees .....

I then carefully unwrapped my recently baked Christmas cake (recipe to follow soon !) and gave it the first of it's weekly brandy 'bath's' !

I finished the day off by making some cream cheese frosting to top a low fat carrot cake I'd made. It was the first time I'd experimented with this recipe & I must admit that it didn't work out very well - so you won't see it appearing on the blog (just yet - I'll try it again soon though) !

I hope that wherever you are in the world, you also had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of lovely food ! (And to all my British readers ... brrrrr ... hope that you kept warm and survived the arctic blast ... and also the fact that South Africa thrashed you at the rugby on Saturday, of course !)