Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back From The Tanzanian Coast !

This is the spot where I recently spent my days reading, relaxing & sunbathing on Tanzania's beautiful coastline - you can't beat that view !

I’m back !

We had a fantastic – whirlwind – trip to the Tanzanian coast & I took lots of photo’s so will be posting all about it soon & sharing the photo’s with you all !

The day before we were due to leave I became very sick with a nasty 24 hour bug & I was so violently ill I couldn’t even get out of bed or keep any food down. Luckily my darling Mum was here to help me out, she packed for the whole trip, organized the food, looked after my daughter whilst hubby was at work etc. I don’t know what I would’ve done without her - thanks, Mum !

The whole family thought we should cancel the trip because I was unwell, but I knew that this was an opportunity we could not pass and that we would not have another chance this holiday to take my parents to the coast, plus the fact that my hubby loves the coast more than anything & it’s the one place he can really relax – why cancel the trip just ‘cause I had a 24 hour bug ? Well at least I thought I did & thankfully I was right as the next day I was feeling much better, so off we went !

On Wednesday this week we are off to our neighbouring country of Kenya & will be spending 5 nights in Nairobi (lots of photo’s and accounts of our Kenyan adventures will follow afterwards !) I’ll be back again blogging ‘live’ from Wednesday – the day before Christmas ! We are off again on Christmas day for another adventure and a fun-filled day with friends (more to follow on the blog soon !)

I am sorry that I have not had time to comment on many blogs lately, but have been reading many of them & what I am really enjoying at this time of the year is the fact that everyone seems to be preparing for Christmas and I just love reading all the different recipes, seeing the decorations and seeing what you are all getting up to following Christmas traditions from whichever part of the world you live in ! Thanks to everyone for all the blog comments and emails, I appreciate them as I know what a busy time of year this is for everyone ….

I’ll have posts publishing daily at 11.00 am Tanzanian time whilst I’m away, mostly about our trip to the coast & I hope that you all enjoy them along with the African sunshine as we are celebrating our festive season in the African heat, despite the fact that Mt. Kilimanjaro is capped with icy white snow !

So - I'll 'see' you when I'm back from Kenya ..... until then, have fun with all your Christmas preparations ;)