Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Back In Tanzania .... & Preparing For Christmas Day !

Sunrise on Pangani Beach

A quiet walk along Pangani Beach

I'm back from a chaotic & whirlwind week in Kenya, and happy to be home on Tanzanian soil again (where the pace of life is a little bit slower !) Of course I'm cheating by posting 2 of my Pangani beach holiday photos above, but I have not yet had time to download my Kenyan photo's yet and will probably only start posting about that trip sometime after Christmas as there's so much going on here at the moment !

We returned home to the disturbing news that Tanzania's national airline (Air Tanzania) has been temporarily grounded as the Civil Aviation Authority has said that it is not airworthy and it has breached IATA flying standards and regulations. Seeing as this is the airline my parents flew here on, they have no way of getting back to South Africa again in the New Year, unless they book on another airline which flies via Kenya (easier said than done, especially at this time of the year !) and pay for their tickets again. So, we are in the process of trying to organise this now (!!) Air Tanzania have assured them that they will be refunded the cost of their return airtickets, so here's hoping that all works out as it should .....

I have finished wrapping the last of my Christmas presents, have iced the Christmas cake & am busy today with last minute things like cooking the turkey for Christmas day lunch tomorrow, making the stock for the gravy and also the brandy sauce for the pudding. I'll be taking photo's and posting about all of this after Christmas, and tomorrow I'll have a special Christmas Day post publishing, with news on what we're getting up to on the big day !

I hope that wherever you are in the world, and whichever way you're celebrating Christmas, that your plans are going well and that you're looking forward to tomorrow as much as I am !

Until tomorrow, then ............