Friday, March 27, 2009

Kilimanjaro Kitten Couture !

Jenny seemed to be quite unphased with her new attire, and seemed more annoyed at me trying to take a photo of her !

With just under 9 weeks to go until we welcome our new baby daughter into this world, I have been sorting through all the babies clothes, toys and equipment which I kept after the birth of our first daughter, and carefully stored away in our spare guest bedroom cupboards. As you can't buy things easily here, it pays to hang on to what you have and if you don't need it again, you can then pass it on to someone else who can make good use of it.

Sorting through all these babies clothes has made my daughter quite excited, and she has asked me for a few items to dress her dolls with. I gave her some, and imagine my surprise when I walked into her bedroom the other day to find that not only had she dressed all her dolls in the 'new' clothes, but Jenny, too !

I remember my sister and I doing the same thing with our beloved Ginger tom cat (rather originally named "Ginger") when we were growing up ! Jenny didn't seem to mind, and curled up and went back to sleep on my daughter's bed afterwards - and then I snuck in & quickly undressed her, as I'd hate her to go outside and get caught up in a tree or on a fence or something.

Justin thought that the sight of Jenny in "human" clothing was hilarious (I don't know how he'd react if I made the dogs all dog jackets to wear during the cold Winter months ?!) and politely told me through his laughter, that if Jenny went out into the garden dressed like that and was seen by the farm staff "they really would think that you were crazy after all, Mama !"