Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekend Catch-Up

I'll be staying put on the farm for the next few weeks, & enjoying the views .......

An oasis of green in the surrounding dry African landscape, our garden is always a haven for birds & insects at this time of the year

I'll miss my little corner of paradise when I leave for South Africa soon, only returning to the farm (& my beloved pets !) in June ......

My daughter’s school broke up for the Easter holidays last week Friday, and goes back in 3 weeks time so until then I am going to be making the most of the fact that there will be no twice weekly school runs and staying pretty much ‘farm bound’ during this time !

As my pregnancy progresses and I get bigger (& bigger !) I am finding it increasingly difficult to travel long distances on bumpy, corrugated, un tarred roads & some recent (much needed but since vanished) rains have left even some of our usually well maintained farm roads in a complete mess !

So, I will be settled in on the farm doing some Easter crafts with my daughter, catching up on blog related things, emails and perhaps experimenting with a few new recipes, or ones which I’ve not featured on the blog before. I also have lots of baby clothes, toys and equipment which I stored away after my daughter was born which I’ll now be hauling out and going through as I attempt to make some sort of a nursery in anticipation of our new baby daughter’s arrival !

So many people have been emailing me lately and asking me how the pregnancy is going and when I am due etc – thanks so much for all the emails, I will get around to replying to all of them soon but in the meantime I just wanted to let you all know that things are going really well with the pregnancy & I only have a little over 7 weeks to go now, and will actually be leaving Tanzania for South Africa (where the baby will be born in Johannesburg) exactly 4 weeks today !

Closer to the time I’ll fill you all in on what my plans are re. the blog whilst I’m away, where I’ll be living in South Africa for the time that I'm there (hint: I'm going to be changing my status from 'farm girl' to 'city girl' for a while !), and some of the things I have planned during my stay (aside from shopping, shopping & more shopping - of course !) but in the meantime, I thought that I’d just give you all a quick update ….

Have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are in the world as you read this !