Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Favourite Winter Things .......

It's the last day of Winter here in Africa tomorrow .... as the 01st of September marks the first day of Spring for us ! Winter is my most favourite season, so today I thought I'd share with you some of my most favourite Winter 'things' .... starting above with (of course !) a nice hot pot of tea, enjoyed out on our veranda during the warm midday hours ..........

Wonderful books at my bedside .... to curl up with and pass away those cold evening hours before drifting off to sleep .................

Succulent ruby red strawberries ............ only available here in Winter, and my absolute all-time favourite fruit .......

Cuddly cats and my favourite snuggly blanket ... all the way from Scotland ..............

A roaring, cozy fire that sedates me with it's lazy warmth ........................

And at the end of the day - a luxuriously long, hot bubblebath - by candlelight, of course.

Mmmmmm ................ now I'll have to start thinking about what my favourite Spring things are .....