Friday, March 5, 2010

Lots Of Things To Talk About Today ......

Kilimanjaro viewed from the bottom of the farm - well, she's just peeking out of the clouds in this pic !

Thanks to everyone who voted in my poll last month, which I put up to see how long readers have been visiting the blog for.

I was interested to learn that 39% of readers first started reading the blog in 2009, for 28% of you it was your first visit, 16% of you started reading the blog in 2008, 4% of you are new readers this year, 5 % of you have only been reading the blog for a few days/weeks only and a further 5% of you have been reading me since the very beginning, 2 years ago !

So, thanks once again to everyone who ‘reads’ me so regularly – both old and new readers alike !

I’ve been having some computer problems and several weeks ago transferred data from one computer to the other and somehow managed to lose some of it – most importantly, many of my emails ‘disappeared’. Two blog readers emails have been ‘lost’ and if you are reading, please could you resend them to me – Marilyn (who had a dog called ‘Tiny’ when growing up here in East Africa !) and Jaco (a South African now living in the US) – I am so sorry that I have not been able to reply to either of you.

I know of few really good African blogs out there – blogs which really showcase parts of Africa in a vibrant, positive light – so it came as a wonderful surprise when I recently came across the blog ONE STONED CROW (who visited & left a comment on my blog - and with a name like that how could I not be a little intrigued ?!)which is written in – and about - Namibia, in Southern Africa. I just know that readers of ‘Food, Fun & Farm Life !’ will enjoy this blog as it contains some fascinating glimpses into Southern African life aswell as gorgeous photography throughout. (Some of the followers of this blog are also followers of ONE STONED CROW – so there you go !) I am all for promoting wonderful fellow African bloggers …. so please do go and have a look …. you won't be disappointed !

And speaking of African blogs and bloggers, I am proud to tell you that according to 'Afrigator', the stats for my blog are currently as follows -:

Blog Rank:
FOOD, FUN & FARM LIFE IN EAST AFRICA ! ranks 926 in Africa and 16 in Tanzania

I’m thrilled that my blog has made it onto Tanzania’s ‘Top 20’ list and Africa’s ‘Top 1000’ and of course, I only have all of YOU to thank for reading me & for your loyal support – as we say here in Tanzania ‘Asante Sana !’ …. thank you very much !