Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day !


07th December 2004 with my newborn baby daughter - the day I became a mother for the first time ..... and my life was forever changed !

“Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment.

Like every mother since the first mother, I was overcome and bereft, exalted and ravaged. I had crossed over from girlhood. I beheld myself as an infant in my mother’s arms and caught a glimpse of my own death. I wept without knowing whether I rejoiced or mourned. My mothers and their mothers were with me as I held my baby.”

(taken from ‘The Red Tent’ by Anita Diamant)

Wishing all the Mum's out there .... a wonderful Mother’s Day today !

Lynda
xxx