Monday, August 23, 2010

A Catch-Up Chat .............

Not much colour in my garden at the moment ..... so just thought I'd share this lily with you (we have them growing in abundance right now !)

I just thought that I’d catch up with you all & let you know what’s been going on in my life lately ….. firstly, I must apologise for my blog having been a bit uninspiring lately. I read everyone else’s blogs and see what you’re all posting about at the moment and then I look at my own recent posts and just think ‘ummmm ….’ But, on the other hand, I see my ‘Followers’ increasing each day so figure my blog can’t be too boring at the moment – so thanks to everyone for ‘Following’ (both old and new readers alike !) as you guys are what are keeping my blog motivation levels up !

I guess it’s also partly down to the fact that I’m very busy at the moment & am not at my computer much. We have a lot going on on the farm with a busy harvesting season, upcoming work related visits to the farm, my new guest cottage venture (which is going really well !) …… so I have been ‘neglecting’ the blog a little – along with time issues which have meant that I've not been in the kitchen as much as usual – I’ve just been cooking old family favourites which have already featured on the blog.

School starts again in 2 weeks time, we are hoping to take a few day’s break as a family before then and go somewhere exciting (if I can drag hubby off the farm – if not, I’ve threatened to take the kids and go on my own with them – ha !) - sometimes you need a break away from your day-to-day life in order to recharge and start to appreciate it again – don’t you agree ?!

And on the subject of inspiration …. I am fed up with the new background I’ve put on the blog (spots ? I’m not a spotty person and don’t have anything spotty in my home or wardrobe !) – it was the only one I could find that sort-of matched my header colours. I’m also aware of that irritating 'photobucket' box which still pops up as the background is loading – so I am working on a complete overhaul and a new looking blog … sometime soon. I know exactly what I want it to look like, but now just have to find a way of creating it all. Mmmmmm …..

On that note, let me be off …. I have a busy week ahead with visitors due out to the farm aswell as a trip to the city planned …. oh, and trying to convince my husband that yes, he really does need to join us on a short family break and that the farm will not collapse in a heap without him here for a few days !

Have a great week, everyone !

Sunset from our veranda this weekend ................