Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Garden .... After The Rain

We've been having so much rain on the farm at the moment - and suddenly everything is turning a lush green again. The Jacaranda trees (above) are in full bloom, too ..........

Our garden is like an oasis for the surrounding bird and insect life, I usually have to make sure that our bird bath (above) is topped up once a day - but not when it rains every day as it has been lately.

We have an amazing array of insects in the garden, too - lots of different multi coloured ones like these below, too .....

And a lilac sea of agapanthus ................ (commonly called 'Lily of the Nile' despite the fact that it is not a lily, and is native to South Africa.)


We have hibiscus in the garden in varying shades of pink. Hibiscus make a refreshing Summer drink, and you can see my recipe (published a little over 2 years ago !) for hibiscus syrup (cordial) over here.


A view of part of our house/veranda, below ............

The bougainvillea is in full bloom now, too - lining the entrance pathway to the front door .......

The two windows on the left in the photo below are my kitchen windows .....


The view from my kitchen, below ................... (beyond the garden hedge I can see wheat fields, too - although these are not visible in the photo).



For photo's of my Winter garden (& where I answer one of my most regularly asked questions !) click here.