Wednesday, February 24, 2021

UPDATE - 10 YEARS LATER !

View of Kilimanjaro from my old home

It has been just over 10 years since I left my life in the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro & the beautiful country of Tanzania & relocated to South Africa. 

During this time, I turned my blog off, for personal reasons. I have had so many requests over the years to make it public again & for my old recipes to be made available - so, here it is ! (Excuse the outdated format & poor photo quality, but I wanted to leave it exactly as it was !) 

TO FIND OLD POSTS & RECIPES - See the "Archives" or "Labels" tabs to the right, or use the search bar.

FUN FACTS ! 

• When I stopped the blog, it was being read on every Continent/Worldwide (including Antarctica & on ships at sea !) 

• It ranked no 13 in Tanzania, no 628 in Africa & had won a few awards as well as extracts being published in local & overseas publications (Eg "Chicago Sun Times" & "Getaway Magazine")

☆☆I AM IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING A NEW, CURRENT & IMPROVED SOUTH AFRICAN FOOD & LIFE BLOG TO BE LAUNCHED IN MARCH 2021 - IT WILL BE LINKED HERE, SO WATCH THIS SPACE ! ☆☆

I will not be updating this blog - I wish to leave it as a collection of wonderful memories of a very special time in my life, aswell as a resource for people not only for my extensive recipe collection but also for those of you wishing to find out more about the beautiful country of Tanzania & for those of you planning a safari there in the future !

WHAT I'M UP TO NOW:

  Me today-a decade since I wrote the blog !

I still live in South Africa & am divorced from Ivan.  However, we remain the best of friends, are in weekly contact & he visits our children here as often as he can.

The farm we lived on in West Kilimanjaro was sold & soon after I left Tanzania, Ivan continued farming in another (very remote) part of the country where he still lives today.

My daughter, Logan is now 16 & my son, Paul is 11 - my blog covered my pregnancies, Logan as a toddler & Paul's birth - how time flies !

Justin still works for my ex husband, caretaking a property we still jointly own on the edge of the Arusha National Park & I keep in regular contact with him.

           ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I hope that you enjoy reading through my blog & re living some wonderful memories with me ~ and a BIG thank you to my faithful readers who have kept in touch with me over the past 10 years via email & Facebook !