Friday, April 18, 2008

Lilies and Lazy Weekends

Lilies in my garden ....

These are just one of the varieties of lilies which I have growing in my garden. I have them dotted all over the garden - they seem to prefer growing in the shade, though.

I was not sure what type they were so I had to email a photograph to my Mum (who’s an avid gardener - unlike her novice daughter on the other side of the Continent !). We think they may be some kind of Oriental lily, but are not 100% sure ? They are very large, very beautiful flowers and I try to avoid picking them for indoor arrangements if I can, because they just look so lovely outside. Also, they don’t seem to last very long once cut.

We (my daughter and I) are looking forward to a quiet weekend ahead. My husband is very busy with his planting programme so will be working for most of the weekend (poor him !) and I am hoping for some sunny weather so that I can do a bit of gardening.

I will also be posting a simple and delicious homemade Vanilla Ice Cream recipe sometime over the weekend – so watch this space !