Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tessa wondered if she sat long enough, would cat treats perhaps hatch out of them ? (It was worth a try !)

Well yesterday I mentioned that I had baked a batch of bread rolls in the morning. I had taken them out of the oven to cool (still in the baking tray), placed them on a kitchen counter top and had put a tea towel over them (to ward off any flies). Imagine my surprise when I walked in to the kitchen about 20 minutes later to find Tessa happily nestling on top of the covered tray – silly cat !

She obviously thought it was the perfect place to keep warm … as the rolls were slightly hot and of course she probably thought (as cats do) that I had put the tea towel down especially for her !

Of course I chased her off immediately, but not before I had snapped this photo !

You can read Tessa’s story, and how she came to live with us here.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend, I certainly am – although it has been a bit cold and rainy today, which is not much fun with a ‘housebound’ toddler to keep occupied !