Monday, August 18, 2008

Awards, Tags & Blogging Things ....



I’m relatively new to blogging, having only started this blog just over 6 month’s ago, but have so far been amazed at what a warm and supportive community of bloggers there are out there. People from all walks of life, in every country around the world, blogging about all sorts of different things … well, I am happy to be part of such a vibrant community of people, and to have been so warmly welcomed by all of them, too !

Of course, part of blogging involves exchanging links and tagging other bloggers and this is actually a good way of increasing your blog readership, amongst other things. But I hope you don’t mind, I really really hope that you won’t be offended if I become one of those bloggers who doesn’t pass tags and forwards along ?

I don’t mean to be rude - honestly I don’t, but most of these awards/tags do say that you shouldn’t feel pressurized to pass them on (because it can be very time consuming forwarding and linking and advising 5 or 6 or 7 other blogs every time & also, how do you narrow down your “forwards” so as not to offend the rest of your blogging friends ?) so I am going to choose not to. Hope you all understand and don’t mind too much !

Anyway, I of course do want to link to and thank 2 wonderful ladies who’ve recently awarded my blog -:

I want to give Lori over at “The Skoog Farm Journal” a very belated thank you for tagging me and giving me the “Blogging Friends Forever Gold Card” some time ago – thanks, Lori - I am a regular daily reader of your blog and can’t wait to get my daily Skoog Farm “fix” ! (My Mum also “reads” you all the way over in South Africa !) . I am honoured to be considered amongst your blogging friends. (You can read Lori's great blog over here).

Then I’d also like to thank Josie over at “Nerdy Parenting” for the “Brillante Weblog” award which she recently awarded my blog – thanks, Josie – I’m honoured ! Josie is a Mum of 3 adorable children & the coolest "nerdy" Mum I know ! (You can read Josie’s blog over here).

Of course I can’t forget all you lovely people who read my blog, either …. if it weren’t for you and your great support then I wouldn’t be as motivated as I am each day, to find interesting things to blog about and share with you all – so, thanks for popping in every day to read my ramblings, I really appreciate it and thanks too, to all of you who email me questions, suggestions and observations – I really enjoy getting the feedback !

Hope that you all have a wonderful week ahead, no matter which corner of the world you're in as you read this .............