Monday, September 1, 2008

Laid Back Lunch


Hello ! We have company on the farm for lunch today, and I wondered if you wanted to join us ? Here I am, standing at our front door to welcome you in …. come in, please & make yourselves at home – I hope you don’t mind all the dogs ? Good !

Shall I tell you what’s on the menu ? Well, it’s a casual, easy lunch & the weather is warming up nicely so I decided to serve it out on the veranda & make it a cold lunch - that pita bread recipe I told you about the other day, in fact. My husband asked me to “please not stuff the pita’s with salad-y stuff” so I’ve done some with ham, cheese & tomato and the others with chicken & mayonnaise. Will that be okay ? Oh, I’m so glad ! There’s pickles, a potatoe salad and a nice garden salad on the table too … yes, from my garden … Justin picked the red lettuce for me this morning and Simon gave me the tomatoes as a gift last night !

If you’re still here at sunset, we can watch it going down behind the ancient fig tree in the corner of the garden … it’s really beautiful and no two sunsets are ever quite the same.

Now, we’d better go and sit down and eat because I’m watching Dibble out of the corner of my eye and …. wooaaaahhhh …. hold on …. he’s just jumped up & snatched a pita off the table …….. DIBBLE !!!!!!!!!!!! (Oooops .... sorry about that - but how can you resist THAT face ?!)