Friday, January 2, 2009

Fruit Kebabs with a Chocolate Drizzle

Fruit Kebabs with a Chocolate Drizzle - a nice, healthy treat for the New Year !

I really feel like I’ve eaten quite a lot over the festive season – especially over New Year. Phew ! I’m sure that many people out there feel the same … why is it that we always seem to eat more, drink more and indulge in more rich, creamy foods over the festive season, most often justifying it all with “Well, I’ll start a healthy eating regime in the new year” ?!

Anyway, I thought that I'd post a simple and relatively healthy recipe today as we ease into the new year – fruit kebabs with a chocolate drizzle. I made these for my daughter’s birthday party in December, and the kids loved them.

Fruit Kebabs with a Chocolate Drizzle

Any type of fruit you happen to have on hand, cut into cubes – fruits that work well are apples, bananas (pour lemon juice over both to prevent them from going brown), strawberries, pineapple & watermelon
½ slab of milk Chocolate
Kebab skewers

Skewer the fruit onto the kebab sticks and lie them all side by side on a flat surface covered with kitchen paper/wax paper (makes for easier clean-up). Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until runny, and then simply take a spoon, dip it into the chocolate and from a height of about 15 cm above the tray, quickly move the spoon back & forth to form the ‘drizzle’ over the kebabs. Remove the kebabs from the kitchen paper & place on a serving tray. The kebabs can also be refrigerated for a couple of hours before serving, if preferred.