Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update On Our Newest Family Members !

I thought it was time to update you all on our 3 newest family members, who all joined our household just before Christmas ! Above is Maxie, (you can read about her over here) who you can see is growing up fast & has also become a dog who sleeps on furniture - as all my animals do (well they have to be comfortable, don't they ?!) This is one of two chairs in the corner of my office (where I sit everyday blogging away !) and she spends most of her time either there or under my desk. Sweet little puppy, she often gets kisses on the head when she's sleeping 'cause she's just so CUTE !

Then above we have Toby (looking slightly annoyed as Maxie was trying to jump on the bed as I was taking this photo !) , and below is Jenny (you can read how they both came to join our family over here). Both have gained weight since they've been with us, although you can still feel Toby's spine a little when you run your hand along his back, he is in much better condition & has been christened my "Kitchen Cat" because he is forever hanging around the kitchen (even when he's not hungry !) In fact, I've moved the bread bin and a few things off the top of my big fridge in there, and put a cushion up there for him to sleep on. This is now his permanent 'spot' ! (Will have to take a photo of him up there to show you soon).


Jenny is growing into a gorgeous cat, with her glossy jet black coat and piercing yellow eyes - what a change from the fragile, bony little creature that first came to us. She purrs like a tractor most of the time & her favourtie pastime is sitting on the side of the bath when I'm in there, trying to scoop the foamy bubbles out with her paws. The other night she jumped from one side of the bath to the other and fell right in - luckily it was not too hot & I was in the bath and could quickly get her out ! (She is also really great with my daughter and lets her carry her around, dress her up, groom her and paint her coat with kiddies eyeshadow !)

So, there you have it - our latest 3 family members, who are all doing well. We now have a total of 9 cats and 7 dogs - well, 5 'house' cats/pets, 4 farm cats which we feed and care for, 2 'house' dogs/pets plus 2 village stray dogs who live in the garden, plus another 3 stray dogs which we feed in and around the village area. I'm pleased to say that all but one of them has been spayed/neutered and all have been vaccinated and de wormed & not one of them is hungry or sick anymore. I said to my husband, no more pets now, we have enough ! But of course if there is a dog or cat in need or being neglected/abused I will take it in without hesitation. I've long since learnt to "never say never" - each and every one of my animals is a blessing to me, anyway !