Sunday, February 1, 2009

An Award, Tag & Ad Free Blog !

Entrance pathway running along the side of our house

Well - after much thought & consideration, I’ve decided that as from the beginning of February, I’m going to make this an Award & Tag free blog.

Whilst I greatly appreciate the wonderful awards given to me by my fellow bloggers, I’m sure that those of you who get them and pass them on will agree with me that as lovely as they are to receive, they are also very time consuming (some have to be passed on to as many as 10 other blogs !) as the linking and passing on etc does take up a lot of time & effort.

Aside from the time it takes me when I get these, I also always first and foremost have my blog readers in mind. I know that you would far rather see photo’s & read an interesting post on something that has recently happened here on the farm, or on an interesting place in Tanzania, than to read a post about an award I’ve just received, and what it is for !

Also, the award banners do take up a lot of space in my sidebar and recently I’ve had at least 3 readers tell me that my blog is taking some time to load these days – and all I want is for reading my blog to be a pleasant and user-friendly experience ! (This is also the reason why I stick to a maximum of 3 blog posts per page because I want the front page to load quickly & I don’t want my readers to have to scroll, scroll, scroll down forever to get to where they want to be !)

I’m proud that this is also an advertisement free blog and always will be. I have no desire to make money from blogging – I do it for sheer enjoyment and am happy to say that you will never see an ad on my blog ! Last year I was approached by a company that wanted me to package all my recipes into an E book and sell it from my blog. My response was, why on earth would I want to sell my recipes when they are free for anyone to use and enjoy, right here on the blog ?!

So, whilst I hope that I’m not offending anyone by the decisions I’ve made, and whilst I sincerely appreciate all the awards/tags that have been given to me so far, I hope that you understand why I have chosen not to accept any more in the future.