Friday, February 27, 2009

Mustard Glazed Carrots

These mustard glazed carrots go really well with roast chicken

This is a quick and simple recipe for jazzing up your standard boiled carrots. (Carrots and broccoli are my 2 most favourite vegetables, & I never tire of eating them or finding new ways to prepare them !) This recipe goes especially well when served with something like a roast chicken.

I had scribbled this recipe down in the back of a 2008 diary (I always carry a small pocket diary around with me in my handbag) – no doubt copied out of a magazine or similar. The original recipe calls for baby carrots, but as we can’t get them easily here, I opt to use whole, sliced carrots instead -:


Mustard Glazed Carrots

3 cups Carrots, sliced & cooked (alternatively, you can use baby carrots)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Grape Vinegar
pinch of Sugar
1 – 2 tsp prepared Mustard (Dijon works well)
2 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
Salt (to taste)

Place the cooked (drained) carrots in a glass serving dish. Whisk the remaining ingredients together, pour over the carrots and mix to blend. Serve hot.