Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Garden At Dusk ............

I've written about it on the blog before ..... how much I love this time of the day - infact, dusk is my absolute favourite time of the day (and I'll certainly take it over early mornings anyday !) ....
When the shadows begin to lengthen, and the sun starts slipping down the sky .... the nocturnal insects begin their chirping and Africa's hot, baked earth begins to cool .....
These are a few photo's taken at dusk earlier this week - from the bottom of our garden, overlooking some of the farm fields. (The photo above was taken from underneath the old fig tree at the very bottom of our garden.)

In a few month's time - when the dust in the air is just right for filtering the fading light .... when the sun is setting almost directly in front of our house ...... when the pink and lavender and lilac hues swirl around the sun as she sinks fast into the horizon, I'll be able to share some lovely sunset photo's with you. So keep an eye out for those !