Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eastern Cape Scenery ....


Although it's hard being away from my own home and having our little family unit complete, I'm also really enjoying this time spent in South Africa with my parents. They live in a really pretty area with the best of both worlds - seafront in front of them, and country farmlands behind them .... as this photo above shows.

My son is thriving and the struggles in his early days of life seem like a distant memory .... here he is below, having a nap in his pushchair on the deck which overlooks the stretch of beach in front of my parent's home .... bless him ! (Did I tell you how completely smitten I am with this little chap ? After longing and heartbreaks and waiting so long to have him, I still can't believe he's mine !)
I've been enjoying long country walks .... leaving the kids at home with my Mum sometimes and doing 'serious' walks with my Dad (below) .... the other day we walked to a nearby resort and then right along the beach and back again. I am working hard - very hard - to shift the baby weight with both diet and exercise .... so far, so good ! (Hubby is in for a surprise when he see's me again ;)
Some unusual rock formations, below, on the nearby beach of Cintsa (Chintsa) which we visited the other day .... it's a really nice swimming beach (though you won't catch me back in my bikini just yet !)
Cintsa has 2 seaside villages which sit on opposite sides of the Cintsa Lagoon .... Cintsa beach (below) is a peaceful beach that stretches about 17 km's in length and is very popular with holiday makers.

Aside from all the sunny photo's above, we're having quite a bit of overcast, drizzly weather here at the moment so won't be spending much time on the beach this weekend, I don't think. (I'll have to blog next week about what we get up to, instead !)

News from the farm in Tanzania is that we've - finally - had some much needed rain ! Justin is looking after everything and all is well with the pets and at the house. My hubby is enjoying his work - but says that it is very, very hot where he is & quite like anything he's ever known before (the heat, that is !) .... and says that he's eating a lot of fried chicken as the cook at the house where he's staying seems quite fond of cooking it. So much, infact, that he's getting quite sick of it ! (Not much of a selection out there in the bush !) I told him to remember that the next time he complains that I'm serving him the same dish too often at home - ha ! His words to me were "I'd give my front teeth for some of your Bolognese sauce or meatballs right now" !

Hope that you're having a great weekend wherever you are in the world as you read this !