Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mustard Glazed Potatoes

These Mustard Glazed Potatoes make a great side dish served warm with a main meal, or cold with a light lunch



I saw this ‘recipe’ on a TV cooking show several years ago. I think it was one of Jamie Oliver’s, but can’t be sure now.

Anyway, I have been making it ever since & have changed the original recipe as I’ve gone along – depending on what ingredients I have in my kitchen – and have increased/decreased ingredients according to taste. My husband’s taste, that is – as most of you will know that I am not a great fan of potatoes and don’t enjoy eating them (in any form !) very much …. :(

I usually serve this as a hot side dish but it can also be served cold with lunch the following day. Add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise to the cold version, and it also makes a quick and easy potato salad !


Mustard Glazed Potatoes

500 gm boiled potatoes, chopped into halves (or quarters – depending on size of potato)
Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 heaped tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped

Boil and drain the potatoes and place into a bowl. Season to taste with the salt & pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard & oil together. Pour over the warm potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.