Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Zonde

Zonde on the bed sniffing my then 10 week old daughter's toes - we had just recently moved to the farm (2005)

My daughter as a toddler, sprinkling flour over Zonde in our garden on the farm, two years before Zonde died

Justin made a bouganvillia 'necklace' for Zonde the day she turned 10 years old - here he poses with my daughter & Zonde outside my kitchen window, for a birthday photo !


I woke up this morning with a feeling of heaviness in my heart - it was a year ago today that you were taken from me. I miss you still. So much. Like all the other great heartbreaks of my life, I know that I will never completely get over losing you.

But .... although you no longer walk beside me, I will carry you with me in my heart, forever. I still love you more than words could ever say ..... my precious Zonde dog.