Saturday, December 12, 2009

'Food, Fun & Farm Life' Christmas Recipe Round Up - Savoury Eats

If you're looking for some Christmas meal inspiration, I've put together some of my favourite recipes for festive meal ideas from last year for you to browse through .......

The 'Cheese & Mustard Straws' pictured above make a great snack to serve with drinks before your meal & as they are quite light, will still leave you with enough of an appetite for the 'main event' ! The recipe for these is over here.

I often serve asparagus as a starter dish on Christmas day .... sometimes with ham & cheese and sometimes with a tangy mustard sauce (as pictured below). You can see my recipe for 'Fresh Asparagus with Mustard Sauce' over here.

Turkey always features on our Christmas table (we have to order them some time in advance as they are usually imported into the country - sometimes from as far afield as Brazil - for the big day) - with a nice stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce (bought in a jar as cranberries definitely don't grow here !) The 'foolproof' method I used to cook the turkey below, can be seen over here.

What would your Christmas meal be without some 'Perfect Roast Potatoes' ?! You can find my recipe for them over here. This method is so simple and produces the perfect roast potato ... I promise !

Glazed gammon ham with pineapple & cherries also always features on our Christmas table. I do 'cheat' a little though, and buy mine pre cooked. You could also choose to cook a different type of pork dish for a change - my 'Pickled, Smoked Pork Leg' is shown below and in this post over here you will find helpful tips on things like cooking times for various cuts of pork.

If you missed my recent post on the 'Food, Fun & Farm Life' recipe round up for sweet Christmas treats, you can find it over here.

Happy Christmas cooking, everyone !