Monday, February 8, 2010

A Visitor From Afar .... Who Can It Be ?

The farm house has been a hive of activity this past week, as we prepare for my mother-in-law's arrival

There’s great excitement in our house at the moment, because in a mere 2 days time, my mother-in-law is arriving from the UK for a 3 week visit ! (She last came to visit us here in 2008, and you can read all about that in my blog post “Zimbabwe Farm Memories ….. And Tears”).

I’m close to my mother-in-law, she is an amazing lady and has survived many hard knocks in her life. She was also a farmer’s wife and mother to a young family growing up in remote Africa, so can relate a lot to my life here today. It will also be the first time that she’s met her new grandson, and she can’t wait !

Shopping in the UK is an absolute treat as there is still so much which we can’t get here easily … I am also a complete and utter self-confessed Ebay addict but can only satisfy my addiction when we have someone from the UK coming to visit, so I have been shopping up a storm these past few weeks and my mother-in-law is bringing all my online shopping over with her ….

The last time she was here, we took her to a tented camp deep in the Tanzanian bush and this time, we’re taking her to the beautiful Tanzanian coast. We’ve also got quite a few other things planned during her stay and I will, of course, blog about them so that you can all see what we’ve been up to – but for now, I really must dash as I have soooo much to do still, before she arrives !