Thursday, May 20, 2010

Print Me ! Email Me ! Put Me Into PDF Format !

My front garden view over the farm fields, taken yesterday (this photo has nothing to do with this post - but I thought that you'd enjoy the view anyway !)

You’ll notice that since yesterday there is a small green ‘Print Friendly’ button appearing at the end of each of my blog posts. (Meant mainly for my recipe posts, but as there’s no way of having it appear only on those posts, you’ll see it appearing on all of them). This is a tremendous help if you like printing my recipes out, as I know some of you do – no more tedious copy/pasting and this print friendly option even gives you the choice of removing all images before printing …. or converting the recipe into pdf format or even emailing the recipe to yourself or someone else.

So, hopefully it will make printing recipes off my blog a breeze in the future ! I must just add though, that when selecting the pdf option, a window pops up with a few adverts as the document is loading. You know I pride myself on keeping this blog AD FREE so I do apologise for these few ad’s when you choose this option, but it is unavoidable (I am not making any money from these ad’s).

Thanks to Pam from MidWest Kitchen Korner, as I first spied this little green button on her blog !

I have also recently taken the *plunge* and have started learning how to change the html code on my blog template (I believe this is sometimes called a ‘Blogger hack’ ?) …. baby steps …. (don't want to delete my entire blog by mistake !) but this is helping me to add a few new features to the blog … like the drop down menu for my categories in the right sidebar ('What would you like to read about, or cook, today ?') Oh ! This endless, endless list of categories (aka ‘labels’) used to drive me dilly … taking up all that space …. now I have a nice, compact category section (which I am slowly re ordering and cleaning up, too) & I am so happy (‘cause it bothered me for so long) that I could just dance !

I’m also considering …. possibly ….. a total blog revamp sometime in the future …. I get tired of seeing the same old background, header photo etc every time I come on here ... it's all getting a bit blah … blah …. blah ... what do you all think ?!