Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ollie Announces A Winner !

My precious Ollie wanted to announce the winner for me today (from the comfort of her Winter blanket, of course) !

And The Winner Is ……………..

Elenka from Portland, Maine, USA who’s wonderful blog ‘Downeast Doing Stuff’ can be found by clicking here. Congratulations, Elenka !

Elenka has been a regular reader of this blog for sometime now, and as she is a fellow cat lover, I decided to use my beloved Ollie (who doesn’t often feature on the blog as she’s rather shy !) to make the announcement today ! (You can read Ollie’s rescue story over here – when I found her she was a kitten probably a day or two away from death, and now she is a fat, happy and thriving 8 year old cat).

Please do go along and visit Elenka’s blog – as she is also an artist and some of her wonderful work is featured on her blog. (I should also add that she has a great sense of humour, one that really appeals to me and most of her posts have me in fits of laughter !)

Elenka, if you’d like to email me (click on the ‘Contact Me’ tab at the top of the blog) your address, I can then post your prize to you when I am next in the city.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading through everyone’s favourite childhood food memories – each and every one was very special, and I just want to thank you all for sharing them ! What struck me about the majority of the memories, is that they mostly involved mother’s or grandmother’s – which just shows what an important role women play when it comes to food in the life of a child. And made me realise even more so, why it is important for me to encourage a love of food and cooking in my own two children from an early age. (I can’t help but wonder what their favourite childhood memories will be one day !)

As you’ve all shared your favourite childhood food memory with me, I guess I should share mine with you – some of you may have already read it and if not, you can do so by clicking here and reading the ‘interview’ I had with ‘Food & Taste’ as a guest blogger last year, where they asked me that same question.

So, once again – CONGRATULATIONS, Elenka !

This is how I drew a winner – I counted the number of entries (counting Sharon’s as 1 entry and omitting Caroline’s as she did not wish to enter) and came to 28. I then went to RANDOM.ORG and entered the range 1 to 28 and it generated the no 19. I then counted down to the 19th entry/comment which was Elenka’s ! (I have included a screen shot of the results – see the little box on the right hand side).

You can click on the image above to enlarge it & see how I drew a winner !