Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An Ornamental Ginger Flower - for Ginger !

An Ornamental Ginger flower picked from my African garden for my friend Ginger, in Canada !

One of the great things about blogging, is that you get to ‘meet’ so many interesting people from all over the world. A fellow blogger who I’ve had the pleasure to ‘meet’, is Ginger. Ginger lives in Canada which to someone who lives in Africa, sounds very far away and rather exotic ! (She is a kindred spirit in that she, too, takes care of animals in need and is also a cat lover.)

Last week when I posted my recipe for Chocolate Cake, Ginger mentioned that she might just try the recipe out sometime. Which she did. So imagine my surprise when she not only baked it, but photographed it with a message stuck into the icing for me, and put it on her blog !

I’m tickled pink that my Chocolate Cake recipe has been made, and enjoyed, on the other side of the world and I just wanted to thank Ginger for ‘featuring’ it on her blog – and what better way to do that, than by giving her a bunch of flowers … or, what I thought a little more appropriate … an Ornamental Ginger flower, picked early this morning from my garden.

Do check out her blog
Gingembre’s Place sometime.


Thank you, Ginger !