Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Early Evening Walk Around My Garden ....

The sun will be going down in an hour or so & this is my favourite time of the day .... when the sun begins to set, the night insects start to come out (moths, praying mantis, flying ants, crickets, beetles - all depending on what time of the year it is) and the small nocturnal animals (like bush babies, owls and nightjars) can be heard in our garden.
The photo above shows the far left portion of our house, which is the 'kitchen part' of the house. The window you see is one of two which my main work surface & kitchen sinks run along - so I have a great view when I am working in there ! (You can have a quick tour of my kitchen over here.)

I love this ornamental ginger, it grows in a huge colourful bush in a corner of the garden near my daughter's play area (swing, jungle gym, sandpit etc). (You can read a previous post I wrote on this beautiful plant over here).


This is where our washing line is (can you just make it out ?) - to the left of the photo (not visible) is a wonderful view of Mt. Kilimanjaro and the trees which you can see include several fruit trees (including oranges, banana, passion fruit) and a single pecan nut tree in the foreground. (If you'd like to read a post I wrote a year ago about the fruit trees we have, you can read it over here.)

This is part of the view from our main bedroom window and veranda (our main bedroom has it's own private veranda with a door leading out of the room on to it - great for early morning tea !) ... you can see the wooden fence where the bottom of the garden ends, and farm fields begin.

Well the sun is about to go down so I'll leave you now .... it's a busy time for me as it's bath, supper and then story time and bed time for my daughter, and my husband is due home from his day's work on the farm soon aswell ..... enjoy your evening, & I'll see you back here again tomorrow ;)