Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some More West Kilimanjaro Scenery ........

Further to my post last week with some West Kilimanjaro scenes which so many of you enjoyed, here are some more as promised. These photo's are taken in a different area to the ones last week, I took them on Easter Sunday on our way to our neighbour's farm for lunch, heading towards one of Tanzania's borders with our neighbouring country of Kenya. (This is the 'back route' & as the roads are so poor, it is not used very often. It is commonly referred to as the 'bandit route' !)

Firstly though (above) is a photo taken of a lovely rainbow which appeared in our garden early on Sunday morning during our daughter's Easter egg hunt !

Above is a roadside scene as we drove from our farm to our neighbours. As you can see, we are surrounded by almost 360' of vast, open Africa !

Above & below are some more roadside scenes, to give you another idea of the surrounding landscape & wide open spaces. I feel so at peace in such vastness, it's just so beautiful and ..... it makes my heart soar !

The photo below is looking into Kenya. This is where a lot of game are now moving from, into Tanzania, looking for grazing. We've had giraffe, wildebeest, eland and zebra moving through this area at night.

A lone Candelabra tree stands guard on the side of a small hill, below. It's called a Candelabra tree because it's shape is very much like that of a Candelabra - it's another of my favourite Tanzanian trees.

I hope that you enjoyed seeing some more of the area which we live in. I'm always happy to give you a glimpse into what my life here is like, and I'm proud to call this beautiful piece of Africa's vast, endless landscape 'home' !