Monday, November 30, 2009

Home !

Justin left this message on the fridge for my return - the magnets spell out 'Welcome Home Mama'

Our luggage - which still has to be unpacked - all 120 kg's (excluding hand luggage) of it !

I'm back home on Tanzanian soil again ! We had a hectic .... tiring ..... and (thankfully) uneventful trip back home ..... through 4 different African airports, 3 different countries and 3 different airlines ..... and our luggage arrived with us this time, which was an added bonus ;)

The children coped really well - our 5 year old is quite the seasoned traveller already (with around 85 stamps in her passport already !) & is always - thankfully - easy to travel with (& more well behaved in the air than she is when we're at home and on the ground - ha !)

It's wonderful to be back home in Tanzania & on the farm again, and the country (well, the parts I've seen so far - around the Kilimanjaro area) is green & lush at the moment after some much needed rain - the farm is looking very wet & hubby has already started (today) planting a new crop of beans.

Justin was very happy to see us back again, and the animals are all fine .... apart from some of my village 'strays' (dogs) who refused to eat when I was away, apparently .... two of them are skin & bone but I've managed to get 2 good meals down them both so far. Emily is nowhere to be seen but Justin is convinced that she is still alive and hiding outside the village somewhere. We will try to find her.

My Laryngitis took a nasty turn and I am still - almost - voiceless. Not much fun travelling when you can't speak properly when checking-in, talking to crew onboard the 'plane etc ..... yesterday I felt absolutely awful & not much better today, have only unpacked the essentials from our luggage and still have all the rest to do (as you can see by the photo above !)

I'll be back to blogging soon, as well as commenting/visiting other blogs - and sharing some new photos and stories of my life on the farm again. Thanks to everyone who's followed me & continued to read me during my past 2 months 'holiday' in South Africa !