Thursday, November 26, 2009

Farewell, South Africa .......

Farewell to the beautiful Eastern Cape coast line, South Africa. It's been our temporary home for 2 months now & we will miss it & the wonderful memories with my parents here, but also can't wait to return home to Tanzania !

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been so hectic here - we leave South Africa early tomorrow morning (at around 04h30 our journey begins !) and hope to be home on the farm late tomorrow night.

These past few days have been busy with final shopping, packing etc and to top it all off I have had a terrible bout of Laryngitis, and have been unable to talk for about 2 days .... which for me, is like being unable to breathe .. ha ha ! Poor hubby is relieved (no more nagging !) and my daughter is curious ('Mama, where did your voice go ?!') and my baby son is just totally confused ! Anyway, I am taking antibiotics and will hopefully be okay again soon .....

I am very behind with publishing/responding to blog comments (& visiting other blogs) so please bear with me, I will be back on track again as soon as I am settled back on the farm. We have been having LOTS of much needed rain there apparently, which is wonderful but has made the roads very sticky and tricky to drive on ... so we have a tractor on standby tomorrow night, just incase. I am carrying my camera in hand luggage so if we get stuck, will be sure to take lots of photo's so that I can blog about it !

Will let you all know once I'm back home safely again ....................................