Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last Post Of The Year .... And Off On Safari !

Lake Manyara in Northern Tanzania - I took this photo in October last year, & am returning to the area to see 2010 in !

I’m just posting quickly to let you all know that I won’t be around much until the first week of the 2010 as we are going away for a few days to spend New Year in the African bush – just my hubby, me and the kids. We leave the farm early tomorrow morning - and I can’t wait !

We’re going to the Northern part of Tanzania - spending time at both the Ngorongoro Crater (which is the world’s largest caldera and was formed between 2 and 3 million years ago when a giant volcano exploded & collapsed in on itself – I can tell you from previous visits which I’ve made there, that it is a place so beautiful it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up) and Lake Manyara (described by Ernest Hemmingway as being the ‘loveliest lake in Africa’).

Some of you may remember my trip to Lake Manyara in October last year. If you’d like to read about that trip, learn more about the lake and see the lovely tented safari camp we stayed in, as well as photos of the lake and surrounding areas you can read my post here about it and another post over here.

I do have a special post which I’ve scheduled to publish on 01st January 2010 though – a special New Year message for all you lovely people who read this blog – so look out for that !

I’ll be sure to take lots of photo’s of my trip – the roads, places we’re staying in, food that we eat and, of course, the views – and will blog all about it once I get back !

Until then … enjoy the last couple of day’s of 2009, and I’ll be back next year to fill you in on another Tanzanian safari adventure !