Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter !

Due to a serious lack of Easter eggs in the Tanzanian shops this year (as is the case every year !) I opted to decorate my Easter cake with melted chocolate & coloured sprinkles instead of multi coloured mini eggs. Anyway ..... the Easter bunny popped in to voice his approval, & hung around long enough for me to snap this quick photo ;)

Happy Easter to all those of you who celebrate it !

We were woken up this morning by our daughter’s delighted cries as she opened her eyes to find a couple of Easter egg gifts at the bottom of her bed from my husband & I, and from my parents. After quickly getting up and dressed we then headed into the garden to see if the Easter bunny had been – he had !

She had great fun hunting for a selection of chocolate eggs (I ordered a whole lot from South Africa & my Mum couriered them to me – they arrived just in the nick of time, too – a little melted and battered but as we explained to our daughter, the Easter bunny had to travel in the hot African sun and on some rather bumpy roads to get here !)

We are now getting ready to head off to our neighbours farm for Easter lunch. We are flat-out busy with planting at the moment, & seeing as my husband has been/is working for the entire Easter weekend, he has taken today off to spend with the family – which is better than all the Easter eggs in the world, if you ask me !! (Especially as this time last year we missed spending Easter together by a day. I was in South Africa last Easter, if you’re interested you can read what I got up to that day over here).

Yesterday my daughter & I baked a chocolate cake (pictured above) to take with us to our neighbours for tea, seeing as Easter and chocolate seem to go hand-in-hand ! (If you’d like to try another great Easter treat, why not try my Chelsea Bun recipe over here ?)

I hope that you all have a wonderful, peaceful Easter Sunday with your family – and lots and lots of chocolate too, of course !